FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does the shirt work?
A COOLSHIRT contains more than 45 feet of medical grade capillary tubing securely stitched on the front and back of the shirt. They are connected to a compact cooling unit via insulated hose with quick, dry disconnects. The cooling unit contains ice, water and an internal pump that supplies cool water to the COOLSHIRT as it covers up to 40% of the body.
How long will it keep the user cool?
It depends on what type of ice is used (block, crushed or cubed). All of the systems will cool for a longer period of time if BLOCK ice is used rather than crushed or cubed ice. Using block ice, the systems will cool for about 6-7 hours.
How does the system operate?
The system connects to any standard outlet via a UL-approved 110V Adaptor or can be connected to a 12V battery.
How do you assemble the system for use?
Attach the hoses to the cooling unit and the shirt to the hoses. Be sure the quick, dry disconnect fittings are fully seated by listening for an audible “click”. Add a gallon of water to the cooling unit. Add ice to the top of the cooler. The COOLSHIRT system is now ready for use. The system connects to any standard outlet via a UL-approved 110V Adaptor or to a 12V battery.
How do you adjust the temperature of the shirt or poncho?
The Temperature Controller is located on the insulated hose near the shirt/poncho. Simply adjust the roller on the controller to control flow and temperature on the shirt/poncho.
How can I tell that the shirt is working?
The shirt is designed to cool the user, not make them cold. The system is designed to maintain a comfortable temperature. As it is worn, the user can become very comfortable with the shirt or poncho and become unaware of the cooling it is actually providing. If unsure, the easiest way to see that it is working properly is to shut the system off. In less than two minutes, you will have the answer.
What are the maintenance requirements?
The COOLSHIRT can be hand or machine-washed and hung to quickly drip-dry or can be dried in a dryer using a laundry bag. Cooling Unit and Hoses:
– Interior: With each use, add 2 ounces of Maintenance Additive (MA-16) in the cooling unit with the ice and water while the unit is being used. This will keep the pump, hoses and shirt lines clear of the buildup that occurs naturally in water-circulation systems. Wipe out cooling unit after each use.
– Exterior: When deemed necessary, wipe cooling unit, cart and hoses down with warm soapy water (preferably antibacterial). Maintain the outside of these parts just as you would maintain any other equipment used in your environment.
How long does the cooling last?
This depends on the size of users, the number of users connected to the system and the temperature settings. Expect many hours of use before adding ice.
How is the COOLSHIRT stored?
Hang the shirt on a large hanger. Coil the insulated hoses and store in the cooling unit or lay flat. Do not hang the hoses as this may damage them.
Is the system electrically safe?
Yes. The pump is double-insulated and is available as a 12 Volt system or with a UL-approved 110 adapter. See specifications on adapter.
Does COOLSHIRT Systems ship internationally?
Yes, COOLSHIRT Systems ships worldwide, contact us for more information
What is your return policy?
To return an item, please contact our Customer Care Team by phone at 800-345-3176
Representatives are available to assist you with your return Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm EST
7 Day Return Policy
Items should be returned within Seven (7) days of reciept unused and in “like new” condition, with a completed RMA and a copy of the packing slip, to our Return Center.
A refund of the price of the item and any applicable taxes will be issued in the original form of payment used to purchase the item. Please note that this also applies to items received as gifts. If you return a gift, the purchaser will receive a refund in the original form of payment used to make the purchase. Shipping costs are refunded on damaged or defective products only. If you are returning an item because it is damaged or defective, please see our Damaged or Defective Product section below.
Please follow the instructions below when packing and sending your product for return. It’s important to note that these instructions must be followed in order for us to properly process your return.
· Send the item in its original packaging.
· Pack the item carefully so that it will not be damaged during the shipping process. We suggest using a box and bubble wrap.
· Include a copy of the packing slip (included with your shipment). We will not be able to process a return for any shipment received without a packing slip.
· It is recommended to use a secure shipping method such as Insured US Mail or UPS to send the item so that you have tracking for the package. COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS LLC is not responsible for items lost in transit and a return cannot be processed until the item is received.
To return a damaged or defective item within Seven (7) days of purchase, please contact COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS by phone at
Representatives are available to assist you with your return Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm EST
Our Customer Care Team will provide you with return instructions. Once we receive your returned item, you will be refunded the price of the item as well as any applicable taxes. Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment used to purchase the item.
Products found to be defective within One (1) Year of purchase will be covered by the COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS LLC Warranty Policy and will be repaired or replaced by our Service Center.
Even Exchange for Size
Within 7 days of purchase COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS will authorize even exchange for size issue without restock fee. Please contact COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS by phone at 800-345-3176. Representatives are available to assist you with your return Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm EST (excluding holidays). Customer is responsible for shipping cost to return item & must provide payment for return shipping.
After 7th day from purchase date 30% restock fee applies. Customer is responsible for payment of Restock fee, shipping to our facility & shipping cost to return item.
1.The warranty is valid only when the warranty card is properly completed electronically or mailed to COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS. Presentation of the proof of purchase consisting of original invoice or sales slip indicating the date of purchase, dealer’s name, SKU number and serial number of the product, will be also be required. COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS reserves the right to refuse warranty if this information has been removed or changed after the original purchase of the product from the dealer.
2. COOLSHIRT’s obligations are limited to repair of the defect or replacement of the defective part or at its discretion replacement of the product itself.
3. Warranty repairs must be carried out by COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS. Warranty cover will be void, even if a repair has been attempted by any unauthorized service center or individual. COOLSHIRT shall not be liable for reimbursements, claims and damages that may result from the unauthorized repair of the product.
4. Repair or replacement under the terms of this warranty does not provide right to extension or renewal of the warranty period. Repair or direct replacement of the product under the terms of this warranty may be full filled with functionally equivalent service exchange units.
5. The warranty is not applicable to cases other than defects in material, design and workmanship.
6. This warranty does not affect the consumers’ statutory rights nor the consumers‘ rights against the dealer related to their purchase/sales agreement.
7. This warranty is not transferable.
8. This warranty is confined to the first purchaser of the product only.
9. COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS reserves the right to retain any part/s or component/s replaced at its discretion in the event of a defect noticed in the equipment during the warranty period.
10. In the event of repairs/replacement of any part/s of the unit, this warranty will thereafter continue and remain in force for the unexpired period of the warranty.
The above policies are for warranty service and the customer will be responsible for any costs associated with non-warranty conditions. COOLSHIRT reserves the right to make final decisions regarding problem determination and the appropriate service option. Exchange units assume the remaining warranty of the original product.
The warranty does not cover the following:
Periodic checks, maintenance, repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear.
Abuse or misuse, including but not solely limited to the failure to use this product for its normal purposes or in accordance with COOLSHIRT’s instructions on usage and maintenance:
– Defects resulting from usage of the product in conjunction with accessories that are not approved by COOLSHIRT for use with this product.
– Failure of the product arising from incorrect installation or use not consistent with the instructions and technical or safety standards prescribed in the product user manual.
– Unauthorized modifications carried out to the product in order to comply with local or international technical standards in countries for which this COOLSHIRT product was not originally designed.
This Warranty is not Applicable in any of the Following Cases:
1. The purchaser does not complete the COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS warranty registration process for the products purchased.
2. The product is not purchased from an Authorized COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS dealer.
3. The product is not used according to instructions given in the instruction manual.
4. Defects caused by improper use as determined by the company personnel.
5. Modification or alteration of any nature is made in the electrical circuitry/ or physical construction of the system.
6. Installation/ repair work is carried out by persons/agency other than authorized by the company.
7. The original serial number is removed, obliterated or altered from the purchased product.
Do you have a sizing chart?
Yes, see below to download the Sizing Chart for all of our Garments
COOLSHIRT Sizing Chart
What information does COOLSHIRT collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or mailing address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What does COOLSHIRT use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How does COOLSHIRT protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers’ hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information).
Does COOLSHIRT disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other’s rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
This policy was last modified on 8/4/17